The Chinese have developed an innumerable collection of proverbs in the 4,000 years of their history. One can find a proverb that addresses almost any situation. Many writers and well educated often site Chinese proverbs because of a proverbs ability to communicate simple wisdom in such an effective manner. This is true even in the realm of Medicare supplement insurance.
Dig the well before you are thirsty
Like Weather, one’s fortune may change by the evening
Man Lost His Horse; Is His Luck Bad?
Many Baby Boomers are turning 65 and becoming Medicare eligible every day. Some have learned through their life experiences that a little planning can go along way in creating and maintaining their quality of life. A little research and it is easy to discovers that Medicare can leaves some heavy out-of-pocket expenses especially if on a set budget. An effective and easy way to “dig your well in advance” or in other words protect your finances from the gaps in Medicare is to purchase Medicare supplemental insurance. Be prepared for those “weather changes” in life. Medigap quotes are easy to obtain and you will be able to easily find a plan that fits your budget. You can get Medicare supplement quote for free from an independent agent by clicking here. Relying on luck for financial protection is not a plan. Many older Americans are falling into poverty as they age and research shows that one of the biggest drivers of poverty in old age is failing health and the associated medical costs. 70% of retirees living below the poverty line have suffered acute health conditions such as cancer, lung disease, heart problems, or stroke. Government has not managed the money poured into Medicare well and it is not likely that the benefits provided are going to increase over time.
Another aspect that must be considered for those just turning 65 is the open enrollment period. During the first six months, when a person gets Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B, insurance companies are required by law to sell Medicare supplemental insurance regardless of most medical conditions that a person may have. This is a huge benefit! After that six month window has passed insurance companies make medical underwriting mandatory, and will refuse to sell insurance to people deemed high risk.
A man named Confucius once said that “a man who does not plan long ahead will find trouble at his door”. So consider Medicare supplemental insurance to keep from finding trouble at the door to your bank account.
Here are some other Chinese proverbs on planning:
- A year’s plan starts with spring; a day’s plan starts with early morning
- He, who could foresee affairs three days in advance would be rich for thousands of years
- Plan for what is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small
May something on this page help you “cheat” the test of life, because “experience is a hard teacher as she gives the test first, then lesson afterward”.
- accepted phrases (chengyu)
- familiar sayings (yanyu)
- popular sayings (suyu)
- two-part allegorical sayings (xiehouyu)
Chinese proverbs typically consist of only a few characters. These characters represent words that when joined together can communicate a tremendous amount of cultural depth and history. Because many Chinese characters do not translate directly into English and many of the proverbs utilize puns of similar sounding Chinese words there are many Chinese proverbs that make no since accept in their native language.
Chinese proverbs contain bits of philosophy that reflect basic a way of thinking often developed through the trials and experiences of life. Because these philosophies have passed the test of time and cultures they have become regarded as wisdom. Below are some sample bits of wisdom that hopefully prove useful.
Chinese proverbs on self-development
- A diamond with a flaw is preferable to a common stone with none
- A man’s faults conform to his type of mind. Observe his faults and you may know his virtues
- When your horse is about to jump a cliff it is too late to pull the reins
- Only when there is no road left does one finally feel despair
- Reading ten thousands of books is not as useful as traveling ten thousand miles – experience is more useful than theory
- To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish
- It is only when the cold season comes that we know the pine and cypress to be evergreens
- Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up
Chinese proverbs on the power of words
- They who know truth are not equal to those who love it, and they who love it are not equal to those who find pleasure in it
- Kind words make one feel warm in winter, while unpleasant talk makes one feel cold even in midsummer
- Talk does not cook rice
- Good words are like a string of pearls
- He who talks too much errors often
- The best advice is often the most offensive
- A bad word whispered will echo a hundred miles
- Words are the keys to the heart
Chinese proverbs on politics and leadership
- Strengthening the military awes the public but wiping out the evil consolidates a country
- Without a leader, a flock of wild geese cannot fly in a line
- The people are the foundation of the state; the state will be stable if the foundation is firm
- A tree cannot grow without its root and a flower cannot bloom without its core
- A board following the thread will be cut straight, and a man taking good advice will be just and fair
- It is better to keep your soldiers idle for a hundred years, than to find them absent for one day
- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime
- Where there’s smoke, there’s fire
- Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck, leads the flock to fly and follow
- One generation plants the trees, another gets the shade
Chinese proverbs dealing with life wisdom
- Smiles make one younger; worries make one older
- No one knows a man better than his own father does
- The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials
- He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition burns a picture to obtain the ashes
- Thatch your roof before rainy weather; dig your well before you become parched with thirst
- One’s good deeds are only known at home; one’s bad deeds far away
- Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me
- Rotten wood cannot be carved
- Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own
- Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come
- Outside noisy, inside empty
- A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life
Wise Chinese Proverb on Saving Money
” The rich man plans for tomorrow…the poor man for today.” Chinese Proverb
One can learn a lot from studying the wise Chinese Proverbs. Insurance is a subject than a lot of people do not enjoy talking about. However, in today’s times, we feel it is important to plan for tomorrow. How can you plan for tomorrow you might ask?
First, if you are on Medicare it is more important than ever that you get Medigap quotes from multiple companies. All too often seniors pick one company without doing proper research. Sure, the company might have might be well known but well known does not equate to the best price?
You can ask your agent for quotes from several insurance companies. Often, you can get a much greater picture of the Medicare market place than people realize. The cheapest rate is not always the best know company. Planning for tomorrow means you will need to look at multiple companies and not just what is head and seen in those expensive TV and other adds.
As I was having coffee at my local Starbucks last week, I heard one senior complain that when he moved from Houston Texas to Grenville South Carolina, he realized how bad his Texas agent was. He purchased a Texas Medigap plan from a captive agent that can only sell plans from one insurance company. His new independent insurance agent in South Carolina gave him a a lot more than one insurance company to choose from. It was surprising how much the different companies charge for the same level of insurance. If you would like to save money we suggest that you find an independent insurance agent like the man from Houston Texas did and request quotes.
Next time you are looking for any type of insurance make sure you do your research and Plan for tomorrow by getting ALL the facts! – compare Medicare Supplement Plans F and G as well.
What Are The Best Medicare Supplement Plans (Medigap) In 2016?
Best Medicare supplement plans. Get a free quote: http://medicaresavingscenter.com or call 800-208-4974.
This video explains what the best Medicare supplement plans are in 2016.
There was a change in benefits for 2016 on the Medicare level; the Part B deductible went from 7 (in 2015) to 6 in 2016. This did affect all Medigap plans and not just the plans that don’t cover the Part B deductible. The premiums on Plan F will have to increase to cover this change as the insurance companies will have to pay for the difference in benefit.
In 2016, the best Medicare supplemental insurance plans are plan F, G and N. Plan G is the #1 plan with plan N and F as runner ups. If you are in CA or another state that has a birthday rule, then going with Plan F to start is usually a good idea. Please refer to my video about Medicare supplement plans in California if you are a resident there.
The lower rates and most importantly lower rate increases on Plan G and N make these plans far more superior over Plan F. In almost every case the premium difference between F and G more than covers the only benefit difference which is 6 for the year. For example, the most you would pay out of pocket for the year with Plan G is 6 and the premium difference between F and G is almost always more than 6, thus saving you money.
The best way to save money is to allow us to shop the rates for you and ensure you will not be overpaying for your supplement plan. IN addition, by being one of our clients you will have the benefit of annual rate reviews to ensure you will not be in the situation in the future where you are overpaying! As the rates go up over time, the best defense is a broker (us) who will shop the rate each year.
Call us at 800-208-4974 for a FREE quote comparison. Our service is always free and the rates are exactly the same weather you go direct to the company or work with us. Also you can visit our website at http://www.medicaresavingscenter.com for a free quote comparison.
Our website: http://www.medicaresavingscenter.com
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_yu7GyDaUjm4Owrmx5QZg?sub_confirmation=1
Medicare Supplement Insurance FAQs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhENX2SJv7Mvs25UqBDcPpHPCR4TA6tLM
Medicare Supplement Quotes for Turning 65
Turning 65 Medicare Plans
Best Medicare Plan for Turning 65
65 year old best medicare plan
Medigap plans for 65 year olds
Best Medicare Supplement for seniors
medicare supplement plans
medicare supplement cost
medicare supplement comparison
medicare supplement coverage
best medicare supplement
medicare supplement insurance plans
aarp medicare supplement
best medicare supplements
compare medicare supplements
medicare supplement plan G
mutual of omaha medicare supplement
best medicare supplements plan g
aarp medicare supplement plan
medicare supplement insurance
medicare supplement health insurance quotes
medicare supplement insurance cost
medicare supplement rates
Best Medicare Supplement
Best Medigap Plan
Best Medicare Supplement Plan
best medicare supplemental insurance plan
Best Medicare Supplement Washington
Washington Medicare Supplements
California Medicare Supplements
Medicare Supplements New York
Medicare Supplements Idaho
Medicare Supplements Oregon
Texas Medicare Supplements
North Carolina Medicare Supplements
Medicare Supplements South Carolina
Best Medicare Supplement plan south carolina
Best Medicare Supplement plan north carolina
Best Medicare Supplement Plan Texas
Best Medicare Supplement Plan Oregon
Best Medicare Supplement Oregon
Best Medicare supplement plan 2016
best medicare supplement plan Idaho
best medicare supplement California
best medicare supplement arizona
best medicare supplement plan nevada
best medicare supplement plan new jersey
best medicare supplement new jersey
best medicare supplement pennsylvania
best medicare supplement plan florida
best medicare supplement plan ohio
best medicare supplement ohio
best medicare supplement plan colorado
best medicare supplement plan wyoming
best medicare supplement montana
best medicare supplement plan new mexico
best medicare supplement plan indiana
best medicare supplement Illinois
best medicare supplement new orleans
best medicare supplement georgia
best medicare supplement plan georgia
best medicare supplement tennessee
what is the best medicare supplement plan
best medicare supplement plans review
best medicare supplement plan Minnesota
what is best medicare supplement plan
best supplemental insurance plan for medicare
what medicare supplement plan is the best
what is the best medicare supplemental plan
best rated medicare supplemental plans
best medicare supplement insurance plans